Sunday, September 10, 2006

Karate

Exercise 1/6: Karate
Time: 1:30

Tonight was a stretching night...literally! We always do stretches, but tonight we worked with partners to stretch out our legs. I stood with my back against the wall and Colin stood facing me. He did a horse stance (in a squat position with feet parallel but far apart and knees out...like straddling a horse) and I put one leg on his shoulder (in various kicking positions...one front kick. another was a side kick) and then he stood slowly until I couldn't take anymore..and froze. Then we switched. A couple of the kids from one family are super flexible and they can do the splits in any direction. There is much difference between them and I in this exercise! ;-)

Colin has bought new tires that seem to be more durable. So, we shall see how they hold up during this week's commute. Ganbatte, my love!

No comments: