Friday, September 29, 2006

Karate with a headache

Thursday, Sept. 28th
Exercise 4/6: Karate
Time: 1:30

Looking at getting another notch on my yellow belt. There is a test in a couple of weeks. :-)

I spent the morning at the city hospital with my daughter (long story...but good news. Check out my famiy blog:-) Anyhow, I didn't have anything to eat or drink between 6 am and 1pm and by the time I got to Karate last night, even though I HAD eaten and re-hydrated, it wasn't enough. WOW. My headache got worse over the course of the evening to the point where I thought I would vomit! I rarely get headaches anymore (maybe its Japan?...or my diet in Japan?) and have only bought one or two small packages of Tylonal since we came here last year. But this was definitely in the catagory of migraine-type pain.
I thought that doing Karate would HELP the headache go away, but it only served to make it worse this time. I am thinking it is due to the above. Oh well, a couple of tylonal and a nap put me in good stead. And I did complete the work out. :-)

No comments: